Lady Queen   +  Paris street style

Paris Fashion Week SS 2013... Jane
Teen Vogue's Senior Fashion News Director Jane Keltner de Valle, before Chanel, Paris, October 2012.
I love this elegant look on Jane — so beautiful. Often when I photograph people I am thinking to myself "Okay, how would this work in 'real life'/where could you wear this look" (and in the case of Anna Dello Russo I am thinking "Damn Skippy. ONLY Anna can pull this off!"). Coming up to party season (and winter weddings), I thought Jane's look would be inspiration for when you need a "party" outfit but want something you can wear again (even to work). A full black skirt + lace trimmed top  are both pieces you could wear separately during the day, depending on what you pair them with. I think a party dress is a lot trickier to make wearable during the day (unless you are Anna of course!).
Recreate Jane's look (kind of):
Prabal Gurung flared satin-twill skirt, Rachel Zoe Drew full skirt, Rochas pleated felt skirt, Topshop black midi pleated skirt, ICB Paneled skirt, or ASOS pencil skirt with dipped hem
Day Birger et Mikkelsen crepe and lace blouse, Alice + Olivia Shauna Bishop sleeve top, Michael Kors Chantilly lace top, ICB long sleeve lace shirt, Topshop premium lace placement top, or By Malene Birger Anna Gracia lace and silk blouse
Barneys New York Co-Op wide t-strap sandal